general health
d cause of discomfort in on side of d head,and d cure
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Your symptoms could be due to TMJ. If the symptom is due to TMJ, then massaging the muscles of the face will help relieve the symptoms. You have to press on muscles to look for sore points. Then massage these points with short strokes. To massage the masseter muscles on each side of your jaw, place your thumb inside your mouth and squeeze the thick muscle in your cheek with your fingers. To massage the jaw muscles inside your mouth, use your index finger to probe and massage these spots.
Massaging the muscles does not help every one. Also if the procedure is nor correct, then it can further aggravate the problem. Moist heat or cold packs on the face, vitamin supplements, or biofeedback are useful for some people.
If this does not help then other causes of temple pain will have to be looked into. Temple pain can be due to high blood pressure. Headaches and pain in temple area can be due to loud music. Another possibility is migraine triggered by loud noise. Tension headaches due to stress too affect the temple area.
Temporal arteritis, internal ear infection, and tooth decay can all cause a temple pain.
Infection in the eye, glaucoma, near and far sightedness and sinusitis are the other causes.
It could also be a migraine.
Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined then. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!