groin pain
my husband has pain in his groin area. We have been to urgent care, the ER and his regular doctor, not one of them can tell us what's wrong. They say there is no detectable hernia, not kidney stones or bladder stones. He can't walk or move without a whole lot of pain. The ER gave him oxycodone and it isn't even touching the pain. My husband has a very high tolerance for pain and I'm scared he may have over looked a symptom because he doesn't notice it. I'm at a loss on what to do.
does he have back problems herniated discs can cause severe groin pain as i know im going through it now without even having back pain
he is having lower back pain. Now he is vomiting and having diarrhea. This *****. I have no idea what's wrong with him.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Groin pain can occur due to several causes like swollen lymphnodes, epididymitis, orchitis, testicular torsion, hernia, kidney stones, inflammation of large and small intestine and muscle pull. Apart from these it can also be a pinched nerve. What I would like to add is that the nerve compression may be superficial too (lateral femoral cutaneous nerve), that comes from the hip area and gets pinched. This condition is called meralgia paresthetica and is often due to weight gain or wearing tight clothes and belts. Losing some weight or wearing loose clothes and belts often helps relieve the pain/numbness/tingling. Also injection of lignocaine (anesthetic agent) at the site helps. In your husband’s case you can apply a pain reliever at the site and see if it helps.
If all these conditions are ruled out then it could be the starting of Pudendal nerve entrapment (PNE) in which the pudendal nerve (located in the pelvis) is entrapped or compressed. Pain is worsened by sitting, and there is a sense of a foreign object (constant urge to urinate) in the urethra. In addition to pain, symptoms can include sexual dysfunction, impotence, anal and urinary incontinence. Prostatitis-like urogenital pain and voiding are the hallmark of pudendal neuropathy. Diagnosis is by diagnostic block, MRI, CT scan, and Pudendal Nerve Motor Latency Test (PNMLT).
Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Thank you.