Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
?groin pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

?groin pain

Hi.  I have had intermittent pain in my left groin for the past few months.  I was just wondering if others had any idea of what it could potentially be.
Other symptoms (which may or may not be related):  fatigue, reflux, left hip pain (was wondering if I had bruised it??), tingling in my left foot, occasional back pain, tingling in my left arm.  The groin pain seems to vary in intensity.  I think it is worse when I sit.  It also felt worse during a recent flight.
I am currently overweight which could be a factor.  I have been emotional eating due to stress and anxiety.

I was wondering if the problem could be due to a lack of flexibility in my inner/ outer thighs and gluts.  Not sure.  I don't think so though.
I'm not sure if heavy work makes it worse or not.  I have been digging recently but I'm not sure if that is causing the current pain.  ??

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I haven't had my doctor check it out yet as I am very self-conscious.  I did indicate to him where it was sore but when he went to look I pulled away (causing pain).
My doctor is currently away on leave but I do plan to follow this up with him on his return.  Just wondering what the problem could be.

Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Groin pain can occur due to several causes like swollen lymphnodes, epididymitis, orchitis, testicular torsion, hernia, kidney stones, inflammation of large and small intestine and muscle pull. Apart from these it can also be a pinched nerve. What I would like to add is that the nerve compression may be superficial too (lateral femoral cutaneous nerve), that comes from the hip area and gets pinched. This condition is called meralgia paresthetica and is often due to weight gain or wearing tight clothes and belts. Losing some weight or wearing loose clothes and belts often helps relieve the pain/numbness/tingling. Also injection of lignocaine (anesthetic agent) at the site helps. In your case you can apply a pain reliever at the site and see if it helps.
Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. Hope this helps. Take care!

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post.

It could be a pinched nerve.  I was wondering if it may be a pulled muscle.  I have no idea though.

I forgot to mention that before I noticed that pain I had severe reflux (severe stomach and back pain, etc).  I then noticed blood in my stool (which was black) and the next day it was grey.

I have been exercising and have lost some weight.  I'm not sure if it has made any difference though.
I haven't been taking any pain relief but did take some voltaren tablets last week for my back pain (which I thought may have been strained).

I'll talk to my doctor next week when he gets back from leave.

Thanks again for your time and all the work you put in on this forum.