Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
hand weekness with severe muscular pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

hand weekness with severe muscular pain

I woke up this past week feeling like I had pulled the muscle under my scapula area.  In the next day or so, I got a pain where I couldn't turn my body or head a certain way without it hurting.  In the next couple of days, my arm feels sore and my hand has become weak. The extremities of my hand is cold.  It feels like the muscle under my armpit is sore.
Do I see a neurologist or orthopedic doctor?  I exercise and do strength training and haven't done it for 2 weeks.

Thank you

Strained muscles and sprained ligaments are among the most common causes of left upper back pain. This usually occurs when excessive pressure, often from exercising too much, causes the tissue to stretch too much or excessively, causing them to become damaged or torn. Pulled muscular tissue and pinched nerves are other possibilities. Take some OTC painkiller and some antiinflammatories.These may help.

Another cause of upper back pain is a ruptured or herniated disc. It can be due to fibromyalgia (Muscles aches and stiffness are common traits of this condition) or cervical spondolysis.Possibility of syringomyelia is also there.It is a disorder in which a cyst or cavity forms within the spinal cord. Since the spinal cord connects the brain to nerves in the extremities, this damage may result in pain, weakness, and stiffness in the back, shoulders, arms, or legs.

Pls consult a physician as a confirmatory diagnosis has to be made after examiantion and investigations like ECG,blood tests and spine X-rays and MRI have to be done..Treatment will depend on the same.

Take care and do keep us posted on how you are doing.

Its my right shoulder area, not left, although I dont' know if that matters.  What kind of doctor do I go to?

thanks for getting back to me,

Since it is in the shoulder area and you are having severe pain on turning the head,so chances of  strained muscle and cervical spondolysis are more.it would be better if you consult an orthopedician.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing.