Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
hands/feet/legs hurt and sharp random pains all over
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

hands/feet/legs hurt and sharp random pains all over

About 2 months ago I was playing tennis when my right hand started to hurt so bad I could barely grip my racket.  For the past two months it would hurt some days and others not at all.  About 2 days ago both of my hands got so painful I couldn't open a bag of Doritos.  Yesterday my feet began to hurt as well as my wrists, knees, shins and arms.  The pain in my hands is pretty constant but the rest of the pain comes and goes sporadically.  Today I started to get tingly and needle type pains on my arms, legs and back.  Very random though and they only last for a few seconds.  The pain is bearable but not knowing what is going on is not.  I have a doctors appointment tomorrow but thought I would ask for suggestions on what to look for.

A bit more history on me;  I am 34 years old.  I was diagnosed with IBS about 10 years ago and this has probably been the worst year for that as well.  Other then that I have been pretty healthy.

Any ideas or insight would be greatly appreciated.
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,

This type of pain can be either neurological or rheumatological.I f you are having more pain in the joints then it can be rheumotological(osteoarthritis,rheumatoid arthritis,gout or pseudogout). If your pain was localized more to the muscles or the skin it is most likely a neurologic problem(polymyalgia rheumatica,carpal tunnel syndrome,motor neurone disease,multiple sclerosis).

Diagnosis can only be made after complete physical examination and investigations like complete blood counts,ESR,RA factor,CRP,serum uric acid,serum creatinine,X-ray and MRI joints.

Pls take the appointment of a neurologist/rheumatologist and discuss these options with them. Take care and pls do keep us posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank