Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
hands itch

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

hands itch

in the past 2 years i have this problem about 4 times.  i have a severe itch that starts on the palm of my hands, in between my fingers and then go on the top of my fingers.  there is no scabies or hives. after two or three days then the soles of my feets itch 2.  then after a few days a few minor spot of itch appear in my body but not as sever itch as on my hands.  usually the icth on my hands gets worst at night. i have tried benaryl in pils, but they make me 2 sleepy, i have tried benadryl in cream and hydrocortisone cream butit only gives me a temporary relive where i have 2 reapply numerous times and even wake up and night 2 apply some more.  i have not ate anything out of the ordinary, i change the detergents, not only the diswashing but the clothes one 2.  this problem have appear not only in allergy season but in regular season 2.  i don't take any meds that can give me an allergy rection of that effect.  but this itch is drivign me nuts, and im losing nights of sleep.  i am not allergic 2 any meds, and don't have any seasonal allergies. what do u think it is? please help.
Tags: Itching, hand, help
1 Comment
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
If the itch is not due to contact dermatitis due to something that comes in contact with your hand, then fungal infection should be looked at. This also comes and goes and produces severe itch with or without any visible lesion.
Extremely dry skin is another thing you should rule out. Also since soles of your feet are also involved, urticaria too should be ruled out. This can be due to pollens, pets, dust, dirt etc. It could also be due to something you ate. Since you don’t always experience it, keep a record of the food you eat and the activities you do in the past 24 hours when the itch starts. Maybe you will find a common link.
The symptoms could also be due to premenopause. Hormone replacement therapy may be beneficial.
Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!