Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
hard lump on my tailbone

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

hard lump on my tailbone

Since six days ago  I began to feel some pain in my tailbone area, it started on a Thursday, at first it was just a small pain but by the following Sunday I felt a lump on my tailbone and thats when all the pain started. Now it hurts really  badly to sit, crouch down, and it even hurts when I walk fast. I dont know wat it is, its really hard for me to sit down on a toilet now. I work and its uncomfortable and painful, what can it be and should I go to a hospital?
Tags: tailbone
If the pain is so bad you cannot stand it you should get to the hospital. If it can wait, go to the doctor tomorrow. A regular doctor is fine, but a back specialist might be a good idea. You can get inflammation and problems with your tailbone. There can be any variety of causes I would think, but you want to get it looked at of course and to get on something. Have you taken anything OTC for the pain? Please take care and hope you feel better soon
Sounds like you have what I have....I have moderate to severe inner rectal pain, some lower abdominal as well feels like its by the bladder. Sitting can be agonizing ( you feel like you are sitting on a bowling ball. Passing a stool can be a new horror.  I thought it was maybe prostatitis so i went to a urologist he found nothing. I went to a colon surgeon and he did a colonoscopy, all negative. After which he went poking around the lower rectum and found my pain. Its called Levator syndrome. Google about it and read up. Unfortunately there is no cure only helpful things. The problem usually stems from stress and anxiety which somehow works its way to the levator ani muscle group causing spasms and what seems like inflamation (inflammation). Here is what I do. First warm baths 20 minutes at night. Do anything that can relax you. Exercise  eat plenty of fibre drink lots of water ( soften your stools). Buy a soft cushion to sit on ( maybe a hemoroidal donut). Also try a heating pad between legs. Also understand that many people have this to varying degrees so your not alone. This can work itself out if you are proactive. Maybe not as a cure ( but itcan go away) but to make you feel less and less pain where it becomes tolerable. Isn't life fun????   Hope I helped if so let me know. Jeff
I forgot to tell you that I also take stress releivers and muscle relaxers. Zanax for stress and valum for muscles. In no way do I advocate these drugs or even suggest them to you. But I mention them that I do take them in low dose with some motrin and it reduces the pain somewhat........
Jeff