hard painless lump on top of ear
I noticed a very small lump on the top portion of my ear about a month ago. I think its called the helix. It has now gotten bigger. It does not hurt to touch, very hard and does not move. There are no piercings in that area. I cant find any info on the web and wanted to see if anyone had any ideas?
I have developed the exact same thing over the last few days. Please let me know if you hear anything on this.
Thanks for writing to the forum!
This is either a neurofibroma (localized harmless swelling in a nerve) or a lipoma (localized collection of fat). It can also be a swollen lymph node. You should worry only if the size increases, there is pain, change in color or if the lump bleeds.
Since you say the size has increased then this could also be a localized collection of pus or a lymph nose. It is difficult to comment without examining. Please consult your PCP.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

I have a doctors appt in July and will write back and let you know what my doc found.
Went to doc. She thinks it is a cyst on my ear cartilage. She said to wait and watch to see if it gets any bigger. I told her that it had already gotten bigger that is why I made the appt. She said that cyst's sometimes grow to a certain size and then stop. So that is why she wants to watch and see if continues to grow.
I have a kind of..(Or what feels like a blister) on the top of my ear, it doesnt hurt, but feels like it is full of water or something, it is slightly swollen, about 2cm. Have a dr app tom but just want to know if anyone knows what it could be, as been like it for about a week now and starting to get worried!
A related discussion, Hard Painless lump behind Ear was started.