head rushes and black outs
For the past few years I have been getting terrible head rushes when I stand up.  I often get dizzy and black spots appear.  In the past two months, I have collapsed twice from just standing up.  When there was nothing for me to grab onto to steady myself when I became dizzy, I must have either blacked out or fainted.  A moment later I regained consciousness to discover I had hit my chin on a table on the way down and slammed by head on the ground (also bruising my knee and elbow).  I am scared.  Why is this happening?
Additional information: I am only 19 and have no other medical conditions.  I'm 6'0, 140 lbs.  After blacking out, I am able to function normally again in seconds, but am left with painful bruises.  Am concerned that if this continues, I will end up breaking bones/needing stitches.  Please help.
I'm also 19, but have some other unknown problem which you can read about a few posts down. One of my fairly infrequent symptoms is a partial blackout and dizzyness when standing. I thought this to be a drop in blood pressure, which is possible, but today I realized that from my nausea, I may not be eating enough. In other words, a decreased blood sugar.
Hi your symptoms sound alot like my daughters.  she was 16 and very thin she passed out at a concert and they rushed her to the hospital.  they said she was fine.  i went to follow up with her dr and she refered us to get a tilt table test for a disorder called neurocardiogenicsyncope.  its  a fainting disorder.  she tested positive and then was able to get the help she needed.  it has to do with you heart and brain not staying n sync.  its nothing to be alarmed about.  it happens to alot of people.  look up on the inernet just type in the disorder i gave you and it will tell u all about it.  also when the dr saw her she did her blood pressure and waited about 2 min and did it again and it kept going up and down which is another sign of this disorder.  they like u to drink alot of water and stay out of hot places.  don't stand in one place for along time that can cause u to pass out.  anyway just read about it it will tell you alot then if u have the symptoms tell your dr and ask for a tilttable test.  dont worry my daughter is doing great now hasn't had any problems.
You definetly need to see a Dr. for your symptoms. This could be something serious. Don't fool around find out what is causing it.
                            Good Luck
Hi, I really can relate to you on your symptoms you have been having. When I stand up at times, I get these head rushes all the time. Sometimes they can be really bad and everything starts going black. If i dont hang on to something I fall over cause i completly loose my balance. I shake uncontrollably for a few seconds then im fine. It usually happens when i get up from sitting down. I have passed out before from this. A couple days ago I started feeling nauseas and weak, my hands started to shake and i broke out in a sweat and needed to sit down. That happened in the mall. I am trying to figure out what I have, I seen a doctor today but what Tula wrote above seemed to bring some clairity to the situation. I hope you are feeling better now. Thanks for your question, it would be nice to get to the bottom of this. Heidi40
For the last 2 months I've been zoning out alot. I've been feeling pressure and stiffness in my head. Don't know the cause. It almost feels like I'm going to pass out. Not sure what this is. Anybody?
hey ; listen im 16 years old nd have the same thing; i dont know what it is but i went to the doctor for it its been goin on for teh last 6 montsh nd i finally went yesturdayyy ; i went for a catscan nd blood work everything came out fine besides the catscan the doctores todl me that theres somthing abnormal on the left side of my brain ; they dont know what it is though ; but im goin for an MRI tomorow and i wil soo let you know what they say ; i know its scaryy like belive me i start gettin dizzy then finalyy i open my eyes nd im liek on the florr not realizing that i even passed out or faintedd .. but i think you shoudl deffianly go to the doctor or a hospital to get that stuff checkd out cause iit can be other symptoms!