Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
health

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

health

I have been getting cramps in my neck left side right under the base of my head, I have also been cramping under my chin - the muscles under my tong sometimes when I open my mouth to laugh or yawn and sometimes just for no reason - only with movement I will cramp there and it is painful and is also only in my right side - is like I know if I move or do something will triger it. Please excuse my spelling. Hope you understand my question and are able to give me the reason or if there is something I need to do about it. Thanks
Try a Chiropractor - could be a torticolis.
This could be anything. I´ve had similar problems, and it was stress....

But if cramps are situated in other parts of the body as well it could also be lack of potassium that will start "feeding" on muscles (happens to me every summer, but you will also feel nausia), if it goes to far it will be life threatening since it will at last start to "work" on your heart. But you should go to the doc, check neck/back with x-rays and MR, check your blood for lack of minerals etc, also check if you have one leg longer than the other since this is well known to go all the way up to neck and yaw, check your situation if there is something that stresses the hell out of you...

Good luck :)
I hope your tetanus shots are up to date, it sounds like your jaw is locking up. there is a condition that can do things like that to the mussels in the face though..like Bells Palsy. hope your doc can give you better answers than i can.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
In all probability what you have TMJ of the right temporo-mandibular joint. To get some relief you can try massaging the sore muscles.  Massaging the muscles does not help every one. Also if the procedure is nor correct, then it can further aggravate the problem. You have to press on muscles to look for sore points. Then massage these points with short strokes. To massage the masseter muscles on each side of your jaw, place your thumb inside your mouth and squeeze the thick muscle in your cheek with your fingers. To massage the jaw muscles inside your mouth, use your index finger to probe and massage these spots.
Moist heat or cold packs on the face, vitamin supplements, or biofeedback are useful for some people. Usually people find a method that brings relief by trial and error. Consult an ENT specialist.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!