Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
heartburn and dizziness after eating hot food

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Every now and then, once i take a bite of a food that is hot (not necessarily spicy) and i must eat it too fast or something, but my heart starts burning and i get up and i get dizzy and fall over. It normally goes after a minute but is really painful, is this a normal thing?
It sounds like a vasovagal response.  Different people who have it have different triggers for it. I have it when I watch my own blood drawn or when an eye doctor gives me numbing eye drops.

You can Google it and read about different ways to deal with it.  Being aware of it certainly helps.
That's not normal - I also enjoy my hot food...(with the heart burning - sounds like a bit of indigestion which can be very painful  - even can cause pain in the chest and the need to burp..) The Dizziness I am not sure about.....
Try a glass of milk after you've eaten hot food....see if that works a little