hemoglobin
What would cause hemoglobin levels to stay at a 9.0 level. No energy, fainting spells.  Issues with sugar and heart issues.  Would a blood transfusion help with energy?  Does it have to get to the 8.0 level for it to be given.  just curious.

Normal range of hemoglobin in males is 14-17g/dl and 12-16 g/dl in females. A low hemoglobin level indicates a low blood red cell count or anemia.

Anemia can be due to vitamin or iron deficiencies, acute or chronic bleeding, thyroid diseases, kidney failure or crohn’s disease. In women, it can be due to menstruation. It can also be due to hookworm infestation.

Treatment depends on the underlying cause. Get your complete blood count and peripheral smear and stool examination. After diagnosing the type of anemia, treatment can be started. So pls consult a physician.

Intake of food rich in iron also helps in raising hemoglobin in iron deficiency anemia. These include liver, seafood, such as oysters, clams, tuna, salmon, and shrimp, etc. beans, including kidney, lima, navy, black, pinto, soy beans, and lentils.

Blood transfusion is required when the Hb levels are less than 4 g/dl or there is severe blood loss which can be life threatening.
In case you need any more information, pls post us.

Regards and God bless.
As the prior poster said, you need to know the cause of your anemia so that treatment is appropriate. Have you had complete iron studies? A consult with good hematologist wouldn't hurt if your answers are readily apparent. (Don't worry that their specialty is  generally called Hematology/Oncology. They do and/or, not just oncology cases.)

Have you been tested for Thalassemia Minor? My adult daughter's hemoglobin usually runs between 8.5 and 11. For years I was reprimanded for not feeding her right and she was given formula with iron as a baby then vitamins with extra iron thru childhood. A new pediatrician came to town, and he just happened to be working on specializing in pediatric oncology. He immediately suspected a blood disorder instead of garden variety anemia. Unfortunately, persons with a Thalassemia variant cannot properly process the iron they take in, and the excess stores in the body, especially the liver, and there is risk of iron toxicity.

I only tell you that to stress the importance of a proper diagnosis and not just keep pumping in iron. Although that's usually what's needed, it matters a lot to the exceptions to know what they are dealing with.  
Thank you for the reply's.  I appreciate all of the great information.  This is regarding my uncle.  He has been asking family members to donate blood since he cannot get any from the blood bank.  I'm not sure if I can donate anyhow right now due to my own health issues and would try but, I thought the levels had to be lower.  Thank you so much for the great responses.
Hi Amy! Yah, mine is at 9.0 right now, and I feel like poo...In my case it's hemolytic anemia from the chemo, so the Drs are concerned, but think it will bounce back up...And nope, no blood transfusions for me either...sigh...Even if I did rescue drugs (Procrit) it'd be a moot point now, as I'm 2 weeks from being done..(Whoo hoo!!!)))) Take care...    ~Melinda
Hi Melinda.  So sorry to hear that yours is dropping.  I truly hope it does bounce back up soon!  I'm glad your almost done with your treatments.  YA!  
It sounds like you have been traveling on a rough road.  I hope everything starts running smooth for you soon and your levels all return to normal.  Take care;  Amy