heroin..
ive been abusing heroin for about three years and the main vein i use well the track is swollen and it hurts slightly,does this mean my vein is collapsed?
You  may have phlebitis or a clot.  But I hope you are not just concerned about the vein, but that this might be a wake up call to go into a hospital and get help for your addiction.  You are abusing your body when you use heroin.  It is ruining your life.  Please get help!  And if you are doing it because you are trying to escape from your misery & want to know the Author of joy, private message me to find out more.
Hi , if the vein hurts it is probably thrombophlebitis which is swelling and inflammation, of the vein, be careful as clots can develop with phlebitis.
Also get it looked at as abcesses can also develop with drug use.
Surgimenopause as said it all, as i feel like her.
Maybe you are trying to fight your demons but believe me you can win them demons too.
I wish you the best of luck, and if you feel like you want to message me, i will gladly give you the support you need,
Take care for now, and get that arm looked at, as you may need antibiotics if its infected.
If its thrombophlebitis there is a good gel called hirudoid, which is good in treating phlebitis.
Good luck
Nicola
I know someone that used to shoot meth and he busted a vein and I cannot recall if it swelled, but to this day..it looks almost like a purple spider under the skin. He's been clean for 9 yrs. You can get clean too.