Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
high ferritin levels
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

high ferritin levels

i'm a 50 yr old fem  i've have several tests my ferittin levels were 238,  258,  then 350  i'm feeling exhausted all the time
Related Discussions
3 Comments
Blank
Hi marysom,
high ferritin levels are usually  a sign of iron deficiency anemia. Have you had your Iron level (iron panel) and percent saturation, and hemoglobin tested? I have had Iron deficiency anemai and you get out of breath and exhausted. Do you have your complete blood count and iron study results? If not I would get that checked. Also, do you have any bleeding any where or heavy period? A diet low in iron can cause iron deficiency too and some medications.
mkh9
Blank

i wasn't sure but thought high ferritin levels meant you had iron load but not sure if that can make you feel tired
Blank
Yes your ferritin goes up when your iron goes down so you feel tired due to the lack of iron and sometime your hemoglobin drops too.
mkh9
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...