Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
hip pain and tailbone pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

hip pain and tailbone pain

Okay I have many issues and have been searching for answers for my general weakness and fatigue and many other issues. I have had hip pain/weakness and my tailbone always seems to be numb almost like a bulge. I have constipation problems because of this. My leg is really weak too. Been home for 2 yrs becuase of my troubles and of course cancer is always on my mind. Four years ago I had back surgery (L5 Herniated disc) which is much higher than the tailbone. The surgery was a success. I dont think it has anything to do with it...of course i worry about bone cancer or a degenerative disease. As far as i know i have had an X ray near that area, would that have shown some abnormalities if it were bone cancer in my hip , pelvic, or sacral area? I sever anxiety I just want some kind of relief that maybe its nothing serious. If there is anyone out there that might have a clue let me know. I dont get around much. It almost feels numb.
Related Discussions
2 Comments
Blank
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Symptom wise it does not look like cancer. More like a Vit D or Vit B12 deficiency. Maybe also involvement of thyroid and parathyroid gland should be looked at. Tailbone pain can be due to a fall, childbirth or general osteoporosis due to Vit D deficiency. There is a possibility of compression of sacral nerve roots. Ask for a MRI of this region.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage.  Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Blank
my cousin had to slipped discs in her lower spine, it causes pains n numbness in those areas
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank