Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
hip pain going down right leg....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

hip pain going down right leg....

Hello,im 32yrs old 200lbs.Im having really bad sharp constant pain in my right hip shooting all the way down my leg.For about a year iv had pain in my hips to about the knee area on both sides.mostly the right.i would have a hard time sleeping on either side and its tender to touch like a bruise.i already go to pain clinic for neck pain so im on methadone and recently had a shot in hip for pain and sweeling that didnt work plus im waiting on x-ray of hip.well this is the worst pain iv felt and its lasting all day and shooting down the right leg.i wish i knew what was up.Also i just found out i have a cyst on my ovaries and im getting a laposcopy feb 6th 2012.i had been bleeding and still am for 6+ weeks so i went to obgyn and hes worried.so hes further checking it out.but im wondering why do i have all this hip pain and now its going down the leg??i want help,iv been through a spinal fusion on my neck in 07 and now nerve damage and bone spurs.and now this.im sick of pain and want to know whats going on.has anyone had this?can anyone help?thank you..
I have had the hip pain as well.  I am no doctor by any means but can tell you that I get the same pain it goes from my hip and no further past my knees especially my right knee.  My pain was caused by an injury when I was 5 years old I fell from an old fire tower about 12 feet up and landed on my back.  My sacriatic joint.  I am not sure of the spelling of it but its a joint that is by your spine, close to your hip joint in that area.  It occurs in quite a few people.  When you get this hip pain, when you walk, does your hip seem to crack and pop?  Mine does that and causes more pain the problem with my joint is its deformed from an injury.  I fractured it when I was young and never got it treated I guess it was a small fracture that healed over but that might give you some idea of what is wrong even if you didnt injure it you can still have problems with it I hope I helped!
Also.  My weight made it worse.  I was 212 lbs the more you weigh the more it puts pressure on that joint.  I was told to help ease it, is try to lose some weight to take the pressure off it.  I lost over 80 lbs and it did help some but the damage was already done to it so I cant stand for long periods of time without experiencing severe hip pain down my right leg.
A related discussion, pain going down my hip and leg was started.