Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
hip pain with numbness on left outer thigh

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I have a history of heart disease and stroke. this has been 10 years ago. Now when I walk a short distance , my left hip is extremely painful. The outer side of my left thigh is tingly and numb and my left calf begins to ache. The farther I walk, the worse the pain. The numbnes on my thigh is continuous, it's like it's asleep, but worse. It gets worse when I walk. Any ideas on what may be causing this? I love to go for walks, but am unable to with my hip pain.

hi,
You should go to see orthopaedic doc to check whether you suffer from stenosis or not.
Googling stenosis,and see if it match your symptoms.
Good luck!
Thanks for the advice. I looked it up and it sure sounds like my symptoms. I have a doctors appointment on the 24th and hopefully find out more. I appreciate your help
Avatar n tn
HI!

Last night when I went to bed, I started feeling numbness in my left
thigh, and then went up to the left side of my buttock,  and partly on my left side of the leg and its' ankle.

I am wondering the reason for it, and see it is a  common health issue when searched on internet.

Kindly advise.

Dee