Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
hot/cold sensitive skin

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

hot/cold sensitive skin

Hi, I recently have had problems with being in hot envirenments and got hives. And also when in cold air or water, have gotten red and extremely itchy, and some what swollen/ possibly hives. This is very hard to tolerate. can you help me out. On the cold issue, exposed skin is worst , but any skin that gets a bit of cold is affected.
Hmm, sounds like you might be particularly sensitive to temperature changes for some unknown reason.  You should see a doctor about this. - Blu
There is a thing called cold urticaria, as well as heat urticaria.  Some people get hives in response to too much heat or too much cold, or sometimes other triggers (my grandfather apparently gets it from water--my grandmother jokes he's the only boy allergic to soap and water).  I don't think it's at all dangerous, just annoying, and the only thing I know of to do is avoid the trigger.  Ask your doctor about it, they might be able to give you something for it (I just know it happens, not what to do for it other than avoid).