Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
hot feeling in chest

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

hot feeling in chest

I'm 32 and I have this hot feeling that kind of comes on for 2 seconds, then goes away for 3 seconds. It kinda keeps going like that. Sometimes it helps when I'm exercising or I take a deep breath. It's not pain. It's right at the bottom of the breast bone. I feel a sort of calming feeling when it goes away. My head feels a little funny sometimes when it happens.
It's really hard to explain. I feel maybe I'm bringing it on a little, but then maybe not.
This started maybe a week ago.
I've been a bit bloated and I have somewhat low blood pressure.
Tags: hot, feeling, Chest
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Chances are that you have esophageal reflux (GERD), where the food in your stomach is thrown up into your food pipe or esophagus. This also causes burning sensation or discomfort in the chest area and burps. Another possibility is hiatal hernia, where a portion of stomach herniates into the chest cavity through the diaphragm. This causes acidity like symptoms and burps too.

Omeprazole is a good drug to combat this. Along with it you can try over the counter antacids. However I would recommend you see a doctor and take medication under a doctor’s supervision. Avoid heavy meals. Avoid too much of caffeine, tea, fried food and drinks both alcoholic and non alcoholic fuzzy ones. Avoid heavy exercises within 4 hours of a heavy meal. Raise the head end of the bed by pillows to 30 degrees. Go to bet at least 2 hours after food.

The enumerated the possibilities can be investigated or ruled out one by one by your physician. Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Thank you.
I already was diagnosed with GERD 2 yrs ago. This isn't that.