Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
how can you be tested for problems of brachial plexus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I had left shoulder surgery in 2005 for an shoulder injury from 2004.  When the surgeon's PA removed the stitches from the anthroscopic surgery on it for a labrel tear and bursitis and stretched ligaments I had extreme painful pain when she removed the stitch in front of my shoulder.  I told she and the doctor that something just wasn't right cause I have had stitches from knee surgery and it was not extreme pain having them removed.  All the surgeon did was keep prescribing extremely strong pain meds after I needed up having severe spasms going down my left side of back and burning down arm and he said thatn was unexplainable pain I was having.  I was diagnoised with rsd in 2006 according to results of a the brarmograph I had and that acupuncture was making pains worse but I know something else is going on the pain now is different.  I point to the area I now know is the brachial plexus but seem not to find a doctor to do the necessary tests to see if that too was injuried.  I drop things with my left hand to and the pain is just increasing especially when I force myself to us my left hand and arm when I am a righty.  I have had stellate ganglion blocks that worked for a few hours a little then it is all back plus I end up with the Horner's syndrome for days and have to be put on cortisone before and after the blocks.  I went to a back/spine specialist who had my lower back scanned by a Mri without contract, mri without contrast of my thoracic spine, and my neck mri without contrast and nothing is revealed and I know the brachial plexus was not scanned.  even my neurologist had me have a brain mri without contast to rule MS since I am a 21 year old woman which showed nothing and brain electrodes to see if anything. Nothing.  I saw on the internet that Pet/Ct scans suppose to show nerve disorders but I am told that is not true.  Please I will be seeing another Pain specialist/neurologist how can I get the right scan and be scanned where I am saying I feel the pain/burning starting at.  I even had botox injections in my shoulder, shoulder blade and back and after the 3rd tingling/burning traveled to same side of bad shoulder the left side of face.  Please how can the brachial plexus be viewed what scan is needed...  Please I have been out of work since 2005.  I want my life back.  I am a single 41 year old woman with no children and no life cause I can't find someone to scan and look where I am complaining,  It is a work related injury but I had been going through my primary insurance cause comp insurance claiming I reinjuried myself which I didn't and have the tests to prove it.  Please can you guide me as what to ask the new doctor