I was being stupid over memorial weekend and didnt put on any sunscreen and now I'm burned very badly. I couldnt even sleep, it was so bad. It's on my back and the fronts of my legs, any ideas what I could do to ease the prickley pains of this? I tried a cold washcloth, but my skin is so hot it makes the cloth hot pretty fast.
Ouch!!! I did the same thing many years ago. I didn't sit in the sun intensionally but the people we were supposed to visit were not at home. When I did get home from the Cape, I got a bowl of ice cubes and water and hand towels or face cloths. Whichever fit better for the area. I soaked them and then put them on where I was burned and started to blister. I did that until I fell asleep. Next morning it was a lot better.
Good luck to you and hope the pain is short lived. PS. No more stunts like that you will pay for it in your old age. I am.
aloe vera, cold rags, and water bottles!!! i'm very sensitive to the sun and have been so badly burned in the past(2nd degree), it gets so bad, you start to think it will never go away, but it does.......Eventually!! they also make a spray stuff, i think it's called solarcaine(sp) that helps temporarily, only for like 2 minutes, so i guess dont even waste the money, but, fill a water bottle with cold water and spritz yourself as needed thruought the day, BananaBoat make a good after sun lotion that has the aloe in it already.
Hey, a few years ago, I got pretty burned as well - actually ended up with sun poison....yucky! Anyway, my doc told me to take aspirin for the pain...it did help. Now I have a few aloe vera plants and whenever i burn myself cooking, etc..I cut a leaf put it in the freezer for just a few minutes and then cut the leaf open and put it on the burn - hope this helps
hey----get you some alovera gel from wal-mart and put it in the refrigerator----let it get cold and then put it on your sunburn----My family has done that many times----it really cools down the sunburn-----also----regular Noxema is really good for it too---good luck!!!
i dont get burned that much but when i do its usually really bad. ive learned that you dont need to take a cold shower or bath. you need to take a luke warm/warm shower/bath. then get out and get a spray bottle filled with ice cold water and spray it on you. thatll make the heat go away. then, get some aloe vera and put in in the fridge and let it get very cold and rub it on the burned spots. also, take 1-2 asprins and one benadryl. the benadryl helps you sleep and helps with the pain. by the next day youll be better or very close to it
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.