hunger pains but I am not hungry
for about a week now I am awakened by this dull pain like I am hungry every night. the pain persist until the a.m.. it feels as tho I am starving tho I know I am not hungry. sometIMES JUST URINATING MAKES IT SUBSIDE BUT MORE OFTEN THEN NOT THE PAIN THAT IS NOT UNBEARABLE THO IT IS ENOUGH TO THRUST ME FROM MY SLEEP AND PREVENT ME FROM GOING BACK PERSIST FOR HOURS EVEN ALL DAY BUT IT ALWAYS AWAKENS ME. I HAVE HAD A KIDNEY INFECTION IN THE PAST BUT THIS IS NOT THE SAME. THE HOLDAY SEASON HAS PASSED AND I WILL ADMIT TO DRINKING POSSIBLY EVERYDAY BUT PERHAPS 2 GLASSES A NGHT.  this pain is similiar to having someone stab me with a dull spoon. please help
When you feel hungry even though you aren't it is usually because you are "craving" something.  Your body has a legitimate "craving urge" because you are depleted in some vitamin or mineral.  It is your body's way of letting you know you need something vital that you are not getting from your normal diet.

Firstly, always eat a lot of green leafy vegetables because these are highest in vitamin and mineral content.  Vegetarians can "crave", too, though and usually crave protein.

Secondly, while waiting for your diet to "fix" this problem, start taking a really good vitamin AND mineral supplament.  You can talk to an herbalist or a naturopathic practitioner and they may do an interview and learn exactly what is missing.

Most common missing nutrients are potassium, magnesium, calcium, and good, lean protein (as well as micro-nutrients which are too numerous to mention and can only be replaced by eating those vegetable I already mentioned).

I hope you start feeling better soon!