i feel heat on my left shin
what does it mean with this symptom? I feel heat on my lower left shin...an area of about 3" x 3". It is also warm to the touch. The feeling is off and on.

Number of conditions can lead to burning sensation in the shin. Diabetes is one of the most important cause.Pls get your blood sugar levels evaluated to rule out diabetes.

It can be due to peripheral artery disease (PAD). In PAD, fatty deposits build up in the inner linings of the artery walls. These blockages restrict blood circulation, mainly in arteries leading to the kidneys, stomach, arms, legs and feet. Diagnosed by X-ray angiography and magnetic resonance imaging angiography (MRA).

Another important condition causing this type of sensation is nerve compression. You may need tests like Nerve Conduction Velocity to find it out. Hypothyroidism and hypoparathyroidism and deficiency of vitamin B12 can also cause burning sensation in the shin.

In my opinion, pls consult a neurologist to find out the exact cause as treatment depends on the same.
Take care and pls do keep us posted on how you are doing.