Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
infected fingernails

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

infected fingernails

8 out of my 10 fingernails are slightly swollen and red at the cuticle pus is oozing out of a couple also 2 of them have a white patch on . i have been using plastic glue on nails for over 6 months and i feel this is the cause as often i would pull them off what can i do i have a fear of doctors so would prefer to treat this myself at home
I would advise you to see your doctor as you have an infection in the fingers and this needs to be treated by an antibiotic either by tablet or an antibiotic cream.  Infections can spread, so it is important for you to see the doctor.  He is used to seeing people with all sorts of problems, so don't worry about it.

You could try bathing the fingers in some warm water with salt in it or some Bicarbonate of Soda.

I would put in about a tablespoonful of salt to a medium sized bowl of water.  

Don't pick the nails, keep of the plastic glue, nail varnish and false nails.  Make sure you keep your hands clean.  You could also apply an antiseptic cream like germolene or one that your pharmacist recommends.

Best wishes.
I agree with Jemma, it sounds like an infection that needs to be seen by your Doctor, as you probably need antibiotics either by  local application, or oral medication  at this point.
Yes, the discomfort of seeing a doctor is better than losing your fingers.