Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
intermittent shin bone pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

intermittent shin bone pain

I have been experiencing terrible thumping and aching pain on my right shin bone since 4 weeks ago, It happens intermittently regardless of  either walking, sleeping or sitting down. The pain starts with a nudge and proceed to be aching and lasts for 1-3 minutes and eases off and comes back again in short periods, It can reoccur several times within an hour. The pain site is not swollen, inflamed or red but the pain is excruciating when it occurs. I have been to my doctor who doesnt seem to know what to do.I have had a full blood analysis and the result has not flagged up any problems.I have also had an xray taken which also showed nothing. I have been prescribed these pain relievers: cocodamol, tramadol, quinine but nothing seems to work. I will be grateful if any one could diagnose what is going on inside my leg.
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The various causes of leg pain are atherosclerosis, deep vein thrombosis - leg pain on walking (A blood clot in a deep vein), Leriche syndrome (block in abdominal aorta and/or main leg artery), limb ischaemia (low oxygen to limbs), sciatica, spondylitis of lower vertebrae and peripheral vascular disease (arteries of limbs are involved). A color Doppler test will rule out the possibility of involvement of an artery or vein and its blockage by a clot.
The symptoms in your case could be due to spinal nerve compression in the lumbo-sacral region. This can occur due to spondylosis, narrowing of root canal, bulging disc, reduced disc space, tumors etc. A MRI of the region can help you diagnose this. This does not look like a vascular pathology. Please consult a neurologist for this.
Take care!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...