Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
internal bleeding after gallbladder surgery

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I had a laparoscopic gallballder surgery on Sep 22, 2010 and I had an internal bleeding during the surgery that went unnoticed and I was sent home on the same day. For 10 days I suffered a lot of pain and agony and I could not eat. I thought this was part of the recovery,  But on the 9th day I started having fever so we called the hospital  and the nurse suggested I go back to the hospital. The next day I went back to the hospital and after some tests they figured I had internal bleeding and  they did a procedure to remove the blood that was accumulated in one area in my body and installed a drainage.
Shoudn't the doctor have known during the surgery that I suffered a blood loss and admitted me to the hospital after the surgery instead of sending me home?