Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
irregular periods

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

irregular periods

i have had very irregular periods with only pinkish discharge n few clots of blood for the past 3 months...please help
I skipped my period 2 months in a row and wasnt pregnant, then other times get my period for 2 days which is not usual for me. I went to the doc and she said it was normal so dont worry too much but go to the doctor just so that you can rest assured.
That's nothing compared to me, I haven't had a period for a year and it's beginning to worry me but my doctor has found nothing wrong as I have had tests after test!
But if you go for about 6 months without one then I'd go to the doctors to just be on the safe side, have you taken a pregnancy test?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
High level of stress, dramatic changes in your life style, high cholesterol, hormonal imbalance as seen in thyroid problems and PCOS, chain smoking, may be some of the common causes of your irregular periods. Cushing’s disease and disorders of adrenal gland, tumors of the ovaries and adrenals, insulin resistance and obesity are some of the other factors. Prolonged use of oral contraceptive pills is another cause. Other important local causes of irregular periods are PCOS and fibroid uterus. PCOS causes cysts to form on the ovaries, interfering with regular ovulation. Diagnosis is by blood tests like blood insulin levels, serum testosterone and androgen levels and by ultrasound. I sincerely advice you to consult a gynecologist and get it evaluated. Take care!