Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
itching biting problems

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

itching biting problems

i have been the same problem as many people ( seeing on net search). i feel something biting me and crawling around me,but never I see anything. I moved few times and we sprayed for the bed bugs, it never went away... i could keep it under control by wasching clothes very often( specially bed sheets) on high temperature,but would still feel it at night...now i moved again and soon after i can feel it much more then before,to be accurate like that 2 years ago when it started and is drive me very crazy,i tried the allergy pills...the only time i could not feel anything was when i took one month of holiday in asia...soon after i came back,it was here again. When it is particulary bad like now, i have sense of hair in my throat its very strange feeling. it does sting my skin during the day...i am desperate.

This discussion is related to itchy and biting feeling.
Are you on any medications? what conditions do you live in? Any pets? Are you in a cold area? do you have hot or cold showers and how often?
iam not on any medication, i live in london and no pets...i have shower once a day but when the crawling starts during the day i need to have 2 showers ,after bed and before bed...is just very strange this thing, i myself would think that iam crazy...i was so relieved to realize in thailand that i felt just perfect...and many people would say that is stress but i dont have any apart of this strange problem everything else is fine in my life
It's called  formication.  It's a neurological condition that makes people think bugs are crawling around under their skin.  But they aren't, it's a neurological condition.  Like untreated diabetes or kidney disease can cause itchy prickliness,  I think there will be a physiological diagnosis for what causes the sensation of bugs crawling under the skin.  I don't think it will be actual teeny little bugs that can't be seen in testing.

But the sensation is still very real,  and not imagined.  Like people in the hospital given Morphine,  who feel their faces itch terribly.  It's physiological,  but there's nothing wrong with the skin on their face.

Best wishes.  The suggestions in this link are good.  Lyme disease?  Diabetes?  etc.

I hope you are able to get answers.  That sounds miserable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formication
ya well i wish is the formication then
These symptoms can be due to parasthesia skin. Parasthesias are common in alcoholics and metabolic disorders like diabetes, hypothyroidism, and hypoparathyroidism. They can also be due to peripheral vascular disease, vitamin B12 deficiency or malnutrition.

Get your blood sugar and thyroid hormones levels evaluated. You can take some vit B12 for some days and see if the tingling is gone or not.

In case the symptoms persist then consult a neurologist as it can be due to some neurological disorder.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.