itchy, abnormal discharge and dark urine
Ok, normally I would think I have thrush as I have gotten it before from being on the pill, but something about this doesnt seem right. I am slightly itchy around the vagina opening, not much though and thrush makes me go insane with itching. Also have a slight yellow discharge, but yet again, not much, though it is still out of the ordinary. And by the looks of it, despite drinking a lot of water, my urine is still dark. I know you can cause disturbances from having vigorous sex or lots of it, or does this seem like an STD? The only thing which gets me is the itching, it worries me. If it sounds like an STD then what does it vaguely sounds like? whenever I try and research it, all I get is results for thrush or for symtons I dont have. Just as a reference here, About 7 months ago, I was diagnosed with herpes simplex 1, could this be the start of another outbreak? I will go back to the doctors, but would like a little heads up on what you think first. Thankyou :-)

Itchy vagina with yellow discharge can be due to a number of causes. First of all it can be due to allergic reaction or contact dermatitis to your undergarments, sanitary napkins or tampons, soaps etc.

Secondly, It can be due to STD’s like Chlamydia or thrush(red,sore,itchy vagina along with pain during sex and slight increase in the vaginal discharge may be present), bacterial vaginosis(itching and thin white or yellowish discharge from vagina is there) ,Trichomoniasis(red, very itchy vagina along with yellowish green, frothy discharge is present) or Lichen sclerosis which is a non-infectious inflammatory skin disorder which affects the vulval and perianal skin(Symptoms include itchy, sore and inflamed vulval skin which cracks, causing additional pain and stinging and treated with a strong steroid cream).All of them except lichen planus can be transmitted after oral or vaginal unprotected sex.

Herpes is generally associated with blisters and swollen lymph nodes. So it is unlikely.
It is very difficult to pinpoint one diagnosis without clinical examination and cervix swabs or blood tests. So I feel that you should consult your gynecologist for a complete evaluation as treatment will depend on the diagnosis.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep us posted if you have any additional queries.