kidney infection
I was diagnosed with a bad kidney infection a week ago and have been put on medicine for my headache and back pain and for my kidney infection.  However, I still have an urge to pee constantly about every hour and wake up in the evening to pee as well.  They said my blood tests came back normal but there was a lot of blood in my urine and excess protein and bacteria a week ago.  Two days ago i took another urine culture and they said the bacteria was gone.  Could I be getting an infection again or is this just a side effect ?
You do need to let your doctor know of the frequent urination, it may be bacteria, if he says you don't have it, there is a med. over the counter you can take to relieve temporary frequent urination, it numbs the ureter. Ask the pharmacist wherever you get the medicine and they can tell you the name of it.