large swelling lump on inside left ankle
recently I have been getting a larger lump swelling on the inside of my left ankle.  The pain is now creeping up my leg to the knee. I have had a tarsal tunnel release surgery  on that spot 3 years ago with great result until now. I also had nerve release on left leg near knee on outside of leg. It swells more and more each day and by evening is the size of an orange on the inside of ankle--right side is normal, outside of ankle is normal but left foot pain is getting worse. should I be concerned? what type of doctor should I consult and how quickly? please advise--getting to point i am unable to walk on it.  THANK YOU
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
A lump at the ankle can be due to a cyst, a hematoma, localized collection of fluid, a varicose vein causing venous pooling, arthritis or due to infection. First consult an orthopedic specialist and get an X-ray and or CT scan of the ankle. This will give a clear picture regarding the swelling.
Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
thanks so much for the advice.  could it be possible that since it is at the site of the surgical scar that it could be a result of the surgery scar tissue?