left leg numbness
I have some numbness on the outside of my left leg all the time. It feels like when you go to the Dentist and they numb you well that is how it feels.I have alot of back problems and also in my knees now with lots of artritis. I do have have other health issuses so could this be from my back or could I have some nevre damage or maybe some blookage in the leg. I did have a fatty tumor removed about 1 1/2 months ago on that side. I do have over 50% blookage in my neck on both sides could it be that?

Numbness and tingling are abnormal sensations that can occur anywhere in your body, but are often felt in your hands, feet, arms, or legs.

Many causes of numbness in the leg are there. These include injury to the back or spinal cord, lack of blood supply to the legs as a result of plaque formation in the blood vessels, diabetes, stroke,rheumatoid arthritis, transient ischemic attack, motor neurone disease, autoimmune disorders like multiple sclerosis or lupus erythematosus and underactive thyroid. Abnormal levels of calcium, potassium, or sodium in your body and a lack of vitamin B12 can also cause numbness in the knee and legs.

In your case,it can be due to the back problems or arthritis of the knee joint.Various back problems like spinal stenosis,disc herniation and prolapse disc can cause entrapment or compression of the nerves supplying the lower limbs thus leading to numbness.
You can take multivitamins for some time. Also get your blood sugar tested.

My opinion is to get yourself examined by a neurologist. After confirmatory diagnosis only, treatment can be started.You will need investigations like blood sugar,thyroid profile,x-ray or MRI spine,rheumatoid factor,x-rays or MRI knee joint and blood levels of ANA antibodies and various minerals to confirm a diagnosis.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.

A related discussion, Leg Numbness was started.