Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
left pinky

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

left pinky

my left pinky has been numb for more than 2 weeks what is the problam? what does this mean and what can i do about it if i cant afford a doctor? there is no pain just numbness
There are no doctors on this forum so I can only take a guess, which is basically worthless.  There are a few things that might cause numbness in extremities, and one is vitamin B or zinc deficiency.  If you eat a well-balanced diet, that makes a nutrient deficiency less likely but not impossible.  Another possibility is a soft tissue injury (sprain) and inflammation that is putting pressure on a nerve.  Avoid using that hand as much as you can, take anti-inflammatories like advil or aleve and see what happens.  Be sure to read the label on any medication so you don't take more than is recommended and cause yourself more trouble.  Tylenol won't help inflammation so I wouldn't bother with it in this case.

Many urgent care facilities are quite affordable.  If you have some in your area, call and ask about pricing.  They aren't all the same where price is concerned.  In my area, several urgent care facilities have sprung up in chain pharmacies and local grocery stores.  I've used one and was very pleasantly surprised.  Don't automatically assume that you can't afford a doctor without at least doing some rudimentary research.  Hopefully this is only a sprain that will resolve on it's own.  Best of luck to you.  :-)
If you're experiencing numb fingers, especially in the left hand pinky and ring fingers, the most likely cause is ulnar nerve compression or entrapment.
The ulnar nerve runs from the spine, past the shoulder blades, down the arm, across the outer bend of the elbow and down the arm to the pinky and ring fingers.
Compression or entrapment, usually at the elbow, causes the pinky and ring fingers to become numb. Most right-handed people experience the numb fingers in the left hand because of common habits. Its nothing bad it has a lot of reasons why. The way you sleep, driving, and just using your arm as an arm rest. If you want to see if it this is it, just extend your arm above the heart and do moves with that arm. You want to release the pinched nerve. Extend the arm, stretch it through out the day. It can take up to a week or so after doing stretches to release that nerves.
I hope this helps, if all else fails yes you can go to Urgent care.  
No free or low cost clinics in your area?

This needs to be properly assessed and treated by an ACTUAL MD; Neurologist.  It could be a number of things.  
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The numbness could be due to nerve compression. This is possible at various levels. It could be due to compression of the spinal nerves at the cervical spine level or, ulnar nerve at the elbow level. Hypothyroidism, diabetes, tumors and infections of the ulnar and spinal nerves and rheumatism can all cause numbness of ring finger. Please consult a doctor.
If you cannot afford a neurologist, maybe you can visit a chiropractor and learn some exercises to overcome the compression of nerve to some extent. Try a walk in clinic.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!