Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
left side head pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

left side head pain

have lot of pain on left side of head had pain sence march is wakes me up when i sleep and come and gose but very painful when it hit like my head in being hit
could be an enlarged spleen, seek help
I HAVE SHARP PAINS IN MY HEAD EVERY 20MINUTES AND THE LEFT SIDE OF MY FACE HURTS AND MY LEFT EAR. MY NUEROLOGIST IS TAKING TO LONG TO HELP ME. I CAN'T DEAL WITH THE PAIN ANYMORE. I FEEL LIKE A AM DYING? CAN YOU HELP ME?
I have sharp stabbing pains on the left side of my head just above the top of my ear lobe and then the pain goes up into the top left part of my head, but no stabbing pains there.  Pain comes and goes every few seconds, but is unbareable.  They just started a few days ago and although they do not wake me up at night, they keep me from going to sleep at night.  One day I took 1,000 mg's of Tylenol, then later in the day, I took 400 mg's of Ibuprophen, neither of which helped.  Then I talked to my friend and she suggested I take my Trazadone, so I took 100 mg's of that at bedtime (I usually only take 50 mg's) and I was able to fall asleep, but the pain was still there, but not when I woke up the next morning.  Thought it had passed, but then the sharp shooting pains started in again in the afternoon and have been non-stop for the past three days now.  HELP!!!
I have similiar symptoms. I am 26 and never get headaches. For the past week the left side back area of my head
has been hurting. It travels to the top of my head sometimes but mostly it stays in the back left or back middle. I am
so worried. I went to emergency but to no avail. Maybe if I could make some suggestions to my doctor that would help. Does anyone have any?
Stacy and others - have you seen a neurologist? I've known 2 people with Trigeminal Neuralgia that had excruciating pain on the side of the head and face. Was always on the same side. For one of them, when it happened her eye watered and nose ran on that side only. The medication of choice then was Neurontin - not sure about recently. The other had 3 injections to deaden the nerves and has had no more pain, but has some facial numbness.  A good neuro doc will know by the exact location and description of your pain if it could be TN.

When I had pain in the lower back of my head, it turned out to be a disk problem in my upper neck. Physical therapy and learning proper body mechanics and posture helped.

So many things can cause headaches. If they are new, persistent, or severe, time to see the neurologist.

How are you?
Do you have any other symptoms apart from the headache?
There is a possibility that this is a cluster headache. Cluster headaches are sharp, piercing headaches which occur on one side of the head.
They usually occur at about the same time every day. They are often confused with migraine. The differentiating point is aura which is present in migraine and not in cluster headache.
Please consult a neurologist. In the meantime please take OTC pain killers to relieve pain. Take care!

A related discussion, What is it????? was started.
A related discussion, Cont. to what is it??? was started.