Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
left side of face bigger

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

left side of face bigger

Since before christmas i have had problems with the left side of my face being swollen. I went from doctors to dentist before they decided to take out my wisdom teeth on that side. Waited 4 months for the appointment finally had the teeth out now 5 weks later face is still swollen especially around the lower jawer & the chhekbone under my eye.Went back to the doctors he then sent me for a ultrsound on my face for paratid glands that showed nothing.Have had enough now as i just want my face to go back to normal!
I have had a swollen and painful face for over week now and they say it's my salivary gland.  I have been on penicillan and at times darvacet although now I am just taking tylenol.  Is it painful?  Have they tried anti-biotics in case it's an ongoing infection?  Mine is in the same area you described.  What kind of doctor have you gone to? Just a thought.
Joni
Hi, well my face is not painful just does not feel right, i have just been for a ultrsound on my face and they did not find anything. I have been on various antibiotics but no joy. I am seriously fed up as it has been for over 5 months now.I am seeing my GP & dentist and just not getting any where with either.
Wow I am so sorry you have been going through this for so long.  Have you tried an Internal Medicine doctor or a Rheumatoligist?  They are the doctors you usually go to when you can't find answers.  The first family doctor I went to when I got sick last year ran a bunch of tests (of course my symptoms are different from yours) but because it was out of her spectrum she wanted to say I was depressed and I just needed to pull myself together.  I felt like punching her out.  I went through many doctors who couldn't help me and wouldn't admit they just didn't know what was wrong with me until I found the right ones.  I have been diagnosed with Lupus and Fibromyalgia, a far stretch from depression.  I'm not saying you have what I have.  I am only saying I have learned to be my own advocat and if I am not getting answers I will try something different.  If you don't get answers from your GP or you dentist, try a different specialist.  Rheumatoligists are good at figuring out what other doctor just don't know.  I used to think they were just for arthritis but I was wrong.  Let me know how it goes.  You can message me anytime you want.
God Bless
Joni