left side of face bigger
Since before christmas i have had problems with the left side of my face being swollen. I went from doctors to dentist before they decided to take out my wisdom teeth on that side. Waited 4 months for the appointment finally had the teeth out now 5 weks later face is still swollen especially around the lower jawer & the chhekbone under my eye.Went back to the doctors he then sent me for a ultrsound on my face for paratid glands that showed nothing.Have had enough now as i just want my face to go back to normal!
I have had a swollen and painful face for over week now and they say it's my salivary gland.  I have been on penicillan and at times darvacet although now I am just taking tylenol.  Is it painful?  Have they tried anti-biotics in case it's an ongoing infection?  Mine is in the same area you described.  What kind of doctor have you gone to? Just a thought.
Joni
Hi, well my face is not painful just does not feel right, i have just been for a ultrsound on my face and they did not find anything. I have been on various antibiotics but no joy. I am seriously fed up as it has been for over 5 months now.I am seeing my GP & dentist and just not getting any where with either.
Wow I am so sorry you have been going through this for so long.  Have you tried an Internal Medicine doctor or a Rheumatoligist?  They are the doctors you usually go to when you can't find answers.  The first family doctor I went to when I got sick last year ran a bunch of tests (of course my symptoms are different from yours) but because it was out of her spectrum she wanted to say I was depressed and I just needed to pull myself together.  I felt like punching her out.  I went through many doctors who couldn't help me and wouldn't admit they just didn't know what was wrong with me until I found the right ones.  I have been diagnosed with Lupus and Fibromyalgia, a far stretch from depression.  I'm not saying you have what I have.  I am only saying I have learned to be my own advocat and if I am not getting answers I will try something different.  If you don't get answers from your GP or you dentist, try a different specialist.  Rheumatoligists are good at figuring out what other doctor just don't know.  I used to think they were just for arthritis but I was wrong.  Let me know how it goes.  You can message me anytime you want.
God Bless
Joni