Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
left side rib cage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

left side rib cage

I'm having bad pain on my left side, sometimes it feels tight as if I'm having a heartattack. Then I  also hurt on my right side of my stomach and feels back pain. What would this be?
  Have you had an injury ? with the pain in your chest, get it checked out asap, there are many different things that could be going on, and you should see your Dr. right away and tell them what is going on with you, this could be maybe nothing or something more serious but the best thing to do , and I will say it again get in to see your Dr. right away, if it is something serious you will need a professional opinion, xray, mri, etc. to find out the problem.. good luck.... dont mess around go to the E.R. if you continue to have this problem..
Do your stomach have to be poked out to say you have a hiatal hernia
  not always but usually there will be some protrusion, typically they will not be comfortable either.

A hiatus hernia or hiatal hernia is the protrusion (or herniation) of the upper part of the stomach into the thorax through a tear or weakness in the diaphragm..

Hiatal hernia has often been called the "great mimic" because its symptoms can resemble many disorders. For example, a person with this problem can experience dull pains in the chest, shortness of breath (caused by the hernia's effect on the diaphragm), heart palpitations (due to irritation of the vagus nerve), and swallowed food "balling up" and causing discomfort in lower esophagus until it passes on to stomach.
In most cases however, a hiatal hernia does not cause any symptoms. The pain and discomfort that a patient experiences is due to the reflux of gastric acid, air or bile. While there are several causes of acid reflux, it does happen more frequently in the presence of hiatal hernia.
The pain I'm having is on my left and right side of my abdomen. I feel pain at my rib cage also. my job requires heavy lifting, and it hurts to the point I can stand up for a long period of time. My back hurts, I have all kind of pain, just concern about what this could be.
  With the pain you are having, I recommend giving this information to your Dr. and going from there.  There are many different things it could be, and you probably will need to have some testing done to locate the issue... good luck
  trolleater

P.S. my wife who worked in the medical field(radiology) said that she thinks it could be caused from damaged muscle in the abdominal area, she also says that you should see Dr. and let them know what you told us.
  trolleater

do she think's it my gallbladder or hernia. I've had colon check, upper GI, everything negative. the ct scan showed a hernia, but the upper GI doctor said there was no hernia.
  I am only offering ideas of what it could be, I do not have the medical background to make that call, you need to get with a health care professional who you trust and discuss this with them.  sorry I could not be of more help but I would not want to tell you the wrong thing, as this is a forum I can only offer suggestions of what I think it could be, but this is only a forum, and you need to have a certified health care professional diagnose you... best of luck