Undiagnosed Symptoms Expert Forum
leg pain after sitting

Topics covered include , breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

leg pain after sitting
When I sit for few minutes and get up, my legs hurt, it's hard to walk. It subsides for a while.I've had ultra sound test for vein blockage, none. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that I eat Splenda, or that I drink wine and coffee. I go occassionally to chiropractor, but have no real problem there.
I agree with the test looking for vascular disease.

You can look for a neurological cause next, such as peripheral neuropathy, a pinched nerve, or spinal stenosis.

I would consider an MRI of the lower spine, which would evaluate for the latter two causes.  A nerve conduction study or EMG can be done to evaluate for peripheral neuropathy.  

If the symptoms continue, I would consider a neurology referral.

These options can be discussed with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patients education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
www.kevinmd.com