leg seizing and numbness
I was wondering if anyone experiences the same thing or understands why it seems to be happening to me. For some reason after sitting down for a period of time one, or both of my legs from the mid thigh down will go numb. Sometimes I can still walk but it is difficult and my muscles don't work properly so when I walk my knee will bend too much, it's hard too explain, but it is obvious that I am unable to walk properly. Depending on my position this can happen after just 10 minutes sitting down. A few times I've woken up to discover that one of my legs won't support my weight, a 'dead leg'. Another thing that seems to happen is that after sitting my calf muscle will seize (i think that's the correct word). It is really painful and feels as though my muscle is becoming really tight at the same time as becoming very loose.

Thank you
Note: I'm 17 years old and this has only started happening this year, and it has been happening on an increasing basis. I also excercise regularly and have a healthy diet. I tend to have fairly fidgety legs, I bop one leg up and down unconciously during class.
Also my Mum has Restless Leg Syndrome is it possible that these could be symptoms?
Try going to a chiropractor.... the nerves that go into your leg could be getting pinched and you have no idea that this is happening - causing your legs to go numb....  
A related discussion, leg seizing was started.