Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
leg warmth

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

leg warmth

every now and then, maybe every hour or so, the top of my leg has this warm sensation. i keep checking my pocket to see if i have a cell phone or other electonic device in it but i do not. The feeling does not last very long, maybe 30 seconds but it is recurring.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
A heat sensation or sudden feeling of warmth can be a sign of blood clot or deep vein thrombosis. It can also be due to pinched nerve or due to diabetic neuropathy. For diagnosis first a duplex ultrasound or color dopplar would need to be done. If this is negative then a nerve conduction study and test for diabetes. If there is a chance then if everything else is negative, then lupus may need to be tested for.
Since I cannot examine you and know other related conditions you may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your PCP to run tests and examination to clinch a diagnosis.
Take care!
Thank you for your time and response.