Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
light headed, fatigue, blurred vision, breathing difficulties

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

For about two weeks I've been having some blurred vision, light headedness, cloudy feeling in the head, and very fatigued. I was bit by a tick but I haven't heard back from my doctor. He said he would call if my blood test came up with something "significant". I know that lymes disease is a possibility but I dont think I was positive for that. Ive been having allergic reactions to all the antibiotics Ive tried and I had a very similar episode today but I didnt take any antibiotics because the doctor Ive been using told me to wait until my regular doctor gets back from vacation to take more action. If anybody knows anything about any of this please help. Im getting very discouraged. :(
May I offer a suggestion?  You might call your doctor's office tomorrow just to be sure the Lyme's disease test came back normal and that you didn't fall through the cracks since you are concerned about this.  The doctor on call should at least be able to supply you with your test results.  If they don't, you might try going in to the medical records department and see if they will give you a copy of your test results.  Or you might force the issue with a same day urgent appointment, telling your symptoms and find out your results that way.

Also, you might make sure you are well hydrated (not with sodas as they are dehydrating), in case that's an issue.  

If you call the doctor, you might ask if you ever have had your ferritin (iron stores) tested, as even if you had a normal CBC, low iron can cause dizziness and fatigue and not enough oxygen to the brain, making concentration difficult.  

Also regarding the blurred vison- you might check with an opthamologist to see if you shouldn't get an exam for that!  And what is your blood pressure like- is it very low or does it drop when you stand?  
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
If the episodes started after you were bitten by the tick, then in all probability it is due to Lyme’s disease. You need to follow up regarding this. However if you were having it earlier too then it could be due to cervical spondylosis, ear problems, postural hypotension, vasovagal attacks, anemia, claustrophobia, GERD, hypoglycemia or low sugar and some endocrine problems. Endocrine problems, such as an underactive thyroid (called hypothyroidism), overactive thyroid (called hyperthyroidism), adrenal insufficiency (called Addison's disease), low blood sugar levels, and in some cases, diabetes, may lead to hypotension and hence lightheadedness and an off balance feeling. If you have an accompanying headache then you must also look at benign intracranial hypertension. Heart problems too should be ruled out in your case. If all other tests are normal, maybe an ECHO should be done to rule out mitral valve prolapse. Patent foramen ovale too could be the cause (commonly known as hole in the heart). It can also be chronic fatigue syndrome if all other causes are ruled out.
I think you should discuss these possibilities with your doctor. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind. Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Have you had any problems with your sugar?  I am not sure what comes of ticks but if your symptoms come back unrelated they sound a lot like what I had when I was diagnosed hypoglycemic, now diabetic.  Sorry I can't be of more help, I hope you feel better really soon and they are able to rid of all your symptoms.

I did get my blood results back and I tested negative for everything they tested for. My doctor is on vacation but they wouldnt say anything other than nothing was positive. So I dont think I have Lymes but according to WebMD additional tests may be necessary. I have been feeling better after eating so maybe that says something for Hypoglycemia. I will look into the iron deficiency but I eat a lot of steak which is loaded with iron.

Every time I go into the doctor my blood pressure is perfect but it definitely changes when I stand up but Ive been dealing with that for forever.

I will look more into everything suggested but at this point I think it is some type of virus (possibly west nile??) Im also leaning a bit towards hypoglycemia but it is hard to say because my energy level gets better after eating but the cloudy feeling in my head will not go away no matter what I do. So maybe not???

Also Im having some burning on the skin on my hands and little white spots are showing up. They could just be pre-existing scars but I am not sure.
What happens to your blood pressure when you stand?  If it is dropping, that may be indication you are not hydrated enough.  

Regarding the burning hands- that could mean you are having some peripheral neuropathy and you'll want to explore with your doctor why that is happening.  Finding out if you've had any fasting blood sugar testing lately is something it sounds like you definitely will want to check into and if not, something you'll want to ask your dr. about.  And re: those white spots, since you aren't sure they are scars, you might want to consult a dermatologist.

Steak is a good source of iron, but not enough to meet the RDA for iron on it's own.  And if you have any blood loss you are not aware of (such as occult/hidden blood in your stool), your body's need for iron increases.  Have you ever had stool testing for hidden blood?