Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
light headed, headache, muscle weekness and numbness
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

light headed, headache, muscle weekness and numbness

I'm a 39 year old otherwise very healthy male
1 month ago i suddenly became light headed (or slightly dizzy), my arms and legs felt numb and weak, had trouble swallowing.  this episode lasted about 30 minutes.  after that i was fine.  then i had "another" spell a fews days later which lasted longer.  then another one which lasted several hours.  then it became essentially contstant:  light headed, dull headache, weak and numb muscles, and then actual muscle pain (neck and back and various).  i'm on no meds and have no health problems.  i went to my internist and he did screening blood tests (metabolic panel, cbc, sed rate etc.) and finally a brain MRI.  everything was normal.  after 3 weeks things just gradually got better and i thought i was fine.  this was a few weeks ago and suddenly this week everything is back.  what could this be?  the brain MRI seems to rule out a neurological problem.  cardiac? gastrointesinal?  something else?  could stress or anxiety cause all of this (my life is stressful but i exercise and eat right and thought i dealt with it appropriately)?   I'm really scared and at a loss.  any ideas?  thanks
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi
Thanks for writing to the forum!
The symptoms could be due to combined deficiency of Vitamin D and Vitamin B12. Sleep disorders, not easily recognizable by the person are often the culprit. Chronic fatigue syndrome and Guillain-Barré syndrome are other possibilities.

Dizziness could also be due to postural hypotension (blood pressure falling with change of position), internal ear problems and cervical spondylitis. All these cause dizziness when you get up from lying down position. Cervical spondylitis and ear problems also cause dizziness on changing the position of the neck.

Other causes are anemia, GERD, hypoglycemia or low sugar and some endocrine problems. There are many self testing kits available in the market for testing blood sugar. Also if eating and drinking something helps then it could be low sugar or GERD. Hypothyroidism too can behave this way.

You need a prompt evaluation, say within an hour of the symptoms—maybe you could go to ER, to know the cause. There are many 24 hour blood pressure and blood glucose monitoring tests available.

Hope this helps. I think you should discuss these possibilities with your doctor. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...
Aug 28 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank