Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
lightheaded,extreme fatigue,poor vision

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

lightheaded,extreme fatigue,poor vision

I am 42 yrs old. I have been experiancing lightheadedness for a few months in this last month the lightheadedness is constant not just periodic I am extremly fatigued and my vision is worsening. Not quite sure what to make of it I just know its effecting my job and my home life any ideas? oh I also have extreme stomache tenderness to the touch
One of my relatives had the same problem. The doctor said, it is due to weakness, but sometimes a cataract can cause the same feeling. you should see an eye expert.
You should look into possible lyme disease and other infections that you can get with a tick bite like babesia and bartonella. Do you have any muscle pain or joint pain anywhere in the body? Tightness or neck pain? Trouble sleeping? Night Sweats? Unsusual fatigue?
Yes I do have back and leg pain and frequent sweats and extreme fatigue. Hard to keep eyes open at work or driving
Your symptoms are all consistent with lyme disease. My husband, son and myself have lyme disease and two co-infections called bartonella and babesia. We are currently in treatment. Lyme disease is absolutely horrible. It took us so many years of doctors giving us different diagnosis until we finally discovered what we had. Lyme disease is the great imitator. We all have similar symptoms and also some different then each other. We believe we may have contracted it over 10 years ago because this is when most of our symptoms started. Doctors constantly dismissed our health issues and now we are very ill. I had 4 lyme tests done and all came back negative or actually inconclusive. Inconclusive is not a negative but the doctors constantly told me I didn't have it and I found out years later they were all wrong. I suffer with fibromyalgia, headaches, migraines, night sweats, chills, an elevated rheumatoid factor, feet pain, hand pain, neck pain, eye pain, muscle twitching, burning or tingling sensation through out the body or the extremities, swollen glands around my armpits and breast area, pain in my abdomen like you, problems with acid reflux and constipation, IBS, dry mouth, burning mouth at times, sore throat, dry feeling through out the body, inflammation of the eyes causing severe dryness, frequent bladder infections or vaginal infections, trouble sleeping, runners leg at night, and the list goes on and on.
The best way to see if you have lyme disease is to be tested by a lyme literate doctor. If you do not go to this kind of doctor it is likely you will never get treatment or the treatment will not cure you. I finally got a positive lyme test when I saw a lyme literate doctor. They have certain labs they use that specialize in lyme disease and they are the best in the country for an accurate diagnosis. Even if you come back negative you can still have lyme. Testing is poor especially if you have had the condition for a while. No matter what anyone says you do not have to have a bullseye rash to have this disease. We never had one. Don't be a casualty like so many others. Take this seriously and have yourself checked. You can contact me if you want information on how to find a lyme literate doctor or if you have any more questions. Good Luck

Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
You need to get examined to rule out a few things such as low blood pressure, postural hypotension (fall in blood pressure, cervical spinal nerve compression, hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), severe anemia, an underactive thyroid (called hypothyroidism), overactive thyroid (called hyperthyroidism), adrenal insufficiency (called Addison's disease), GERD or gastric reflux, and internal ear infections.
Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral.
Take care!
The doctor gives many things that are a possibility and these things were all checked on us. The doctors found that my husband has pre-diabetis and my son and I have insulin resistance along with all of us having possible hypothyroid. We also have hypoglycemia, low blood pressure, gastric reflux and adrenal fatigue. These things were all caused by the infections raging in our bodies. Some of our problems have been fixed and some are still a work in progress. Our endocrinologist pointed us to see a disease specialist because we didn't fit the picture of having the health conditions we had. Three people in the same family having the same conditions at the same time told our doctor that there was something more going on. We discussed lyme disease with her and she said that this was a good place to start because lyme can cause all of our problems. This is the statement our endocrinologist said to us. We have been tested many times and my husband and myself finally came back positive. My son's immune system is very weak and has not tested positive yet. This illness can attack you quickly or very slowly. It will eventually overwhelm the immune system and give you adrenal fatigue. This is when it gets bad. Hope this info helps. Just realize that not all doctors are aware of the symptoms and health problems it causes.