long term low grade fever
Hi everyone! I'm suffering from low grade fever for almost a year now, sometimes i got sorethroat and my doctor gave me macrolide to treat it. Its alarming me now cause aside from low grade fever I'm also losing some hair that i think is not normal. I seek help to our company's physician she advised me to give sample for urinalysis because she thinks it some kind of infection but the result is normal. I'll come back to her this afternoon and asks if anything she can recommend me to do for my illness. Any one who can explain what's happening to me?  

This discussion is related to Long term low grade fever, malaise and allergy symptoms.
Is this the only symptom you have? Do you have a persistant cough or pain anywhere?
Um, I think you should get a 2nd opinion. Perhaps this is not an infection at all. Please get into an immune doctor or even better a rheumatologist if you can especially if you are having fatigue or pain and are losing your hair. Time to see a specialist if you have not already seen one. This is just my personal opinion. Peace and get better soon
I would be curious to know what prompted your doctor visit the first time you were made aware of the fever . I had a fever of unknown origin , lasting over a month , nearly 2 yrs ago - which remains a mystery to this day . I went to my doctor because suddenly , my legs were dragging like baby-steps ; but I didn't actually feel sick . I just felt utterly exhausted for no known reason , unable to function in my daily routine . I'd get in my car to go some place and have to turn around and go home , as though I were collasping ; always without provocation . Basically lasting with varying severity throughout that 1st yr.- and returning in severity in summer months - undergoing testing with few answers and no main diagnosis ( other symptoms include vision , bladder & UTIs,blood in urine , headaches , and unexplained weight loss of about 30 lbs or so .) , after a 2nd bad summer , this past winter has been better for me in that I can function somewhat better .
I rather hate dredging up all my misery like this - but I too am seeking answers .
i suggest both of you have a complete Metabolic Panel done (bloodwork).  also, request the western blot Lyme Disease bloodwork and Celiac Disease bloodwork (especially you memorylaffs2)

to memorylaffs2 i would suggest that you and your doctor explore every option available when it comes to diseases/illnesses related to the intestines/stomach/nutrient absorption/parasites.  you other symptoms could be secondary to the fact that something is preventing you fully functioning at optimum health and its making you susceptible to infections and generally causing bad health.

whatever you do, do not sit on top of this, its your life and your health, and your doctor works for you!  if your doctor isn't doing what you think he/she should, tell them.  if they object, then get a new doctor!
I have had low grade fevers for going on 18 months now.  Last year it started with just being tired ALOT  Just sitting at my desk doing files made me want to take a nap.  It went away for a few months, but now has been back for 10 weeks.  I am running very low grade fevers (99.5-100.5) occasionally going up to 101.  I have very little energy.  Dr. has been running blood work every 2 weeks,  I have elevated white cells, and low platelets, and that has been steady throughout since the fevers started again.  she is running more tests next weeks.  (CRP and Sedrate)to check for inflamation.  I am tired of being tired.  I have noticed the fevers increase on days that I have exerted myself.  Any Ideas of what else I can do to get rid of this?
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.