loss of appetite with no weight loss
after giving birth to my daughter two years ago i suffered from loss of appetite yet was unable to lose any of my pregnancy weight.  I couldn't understand it as I was eating around 800 cals aday and very active.  It is two years on now and have still not been able to lose any weight.  I now also have other symptoms such as bloating and irregular bleeding which I never had before.  Have had my thyoid checked several times which is fine I just don't understand what keeps my body going. Before the second pregnancy I use to be very slim. 5foot 6 and 8 and a half stone I am now 10 stone and find it very depressing that I can't lose a pound.  I don't find dieting hard as i never seem to get hungry.  Would love any answers as i am out of ideas.
What is you thyroid level? Did you ask your doctor for a copy? You can't rely on the doctor to tell you it's normal. What is your TSH level? Mine test result came for TSH 3.13 which is normal according to the reference range (0.4-5.5). But this doesn't mean I don't have thyroid problem. I read a lot on the internet about thyroid problem. I have to actually push my doctor further to test for thyroid antibodies. And the antibodies test confirmed I have hypothyroid. I am now on medication. My endo says the TSH he is shooting for is 0.5-1.5. I don't know why the lab reference range just wouldn't change. Another thing, ask you doctor to test your cortisol level. This could be another reason that you can't lose the belly. The best test for cortisol is 24 hour saliva. However, I am not so sure about your irregular bleeding. Do you mean the bleeding as your menstrual period? If it is, then it probably is thyroid related. If not, you probably need to do further testing to find out the cause.
cysts?? do you have pain or anything with the bloating?  How are your periods, light heavy, regular irregular?
There is no pain with the bloating, it just feels very uncomfotable.  my tsh is around the 1.0 mark so very good my t4 on the low side of normal and my t3 mid range.  At first i too was sure it must be my thyroid but my results came back all well within the range.  I wondered about cushings but the doctor said I was not big enough to have it.  Anyone know if this is the case and do you have to put on huge amounts of weight to have it. Or does the weight just become impossible to lose like mine?
A related discussion, cancer? or other? was started.