Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
low blood pressure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

low blood pressure

hi, im a 35 yr old male that is having trouble with low blood pressure. I went to the emergency room last week and was adimitted into the hospital for  5 days. My symptoms were dizziness, slight chest pains,blurred vision,shortness of breath, and extremly week. On arrival to ER my blood pressure was 100/63 after 30min
of setting my blood pressure was 80/49. I have had 2 MRIs,cat scan,numerous EKGs,sonigram of neck arteries chest exrays,EEG,partial tilt table test and a heart catherization. I have had my blood tested for ,adrenal glands,thyroid,b-12,potassium full cbc. After all the above i still do not have a diagnosis.The doctors were leaning toward dysautonomia.Tilt table test that was performed can back negative. I was told to incease my salt intake and drink plenty of water.My blood pressure is staying low and falling lower at times causing dizziness and blurred vision. Medication was prescribed for panic attacks and anxiety. anyone have an idea on this?
1 Comment
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Dehydration, certain medications, heart problems, untreated diabetes, and nervous system disorders can all cause hypotension. Hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, Addisons’ disease, hypoglycemia, VitB12 and folate deficiency can all cause hypotension. I know that you have been tested for most of these. Get a thyroid antibody test done too.
The other reason is bleeding somewhere in the body, like a bleeding peptic or duodenal ulcer. Hence get a stool examination done for occult blood. The other causes of bleeding gut is IBS, ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease. Also even if you have a symptomatic stone in the kidney or anywhere in the urinary system, then it can also cause microscopic blood in urine. Get a urine routine and microscopic examination. Internal bleeding of any kind can cause low blood pressure.
If either the stool or urine is positive for blood then you can investigate in that line further.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!