Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
low blood pressure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

low blood pressure

Can low blood pressure ever be caused by kidney stones? I suspect I have them(colicky pain-back/side, antibiotics didn't do any good + doc said next step, workup for stones)I just checked my blood pressure + it was 100/69 (normal for me is 120's/80's),its hurting  + I'm not urinating as much.(although, it still could probably be considered normal output)Should I go to the ER?(BP is whats worrying me the most,I don't feel dehyrated or anything)
Thanks.
1 Comment
Avatar n tn
Blood pressure of 100/69 is just fine.  You don't have to worry about that one little bit.  If you have stones, you will know it.  The pain is equated to childbirth without drugs.  Stones in the kidney can be created due to chronic low level dehydration.  If you don't drink much water, or live on soda and coffee, sports drinks, etc.  you may be dehydrated and not feel it.  When water is not available to clear out the kidneys, crystals develop and stay in the kidney.  These crystals build up until they become a "kidney stone".  Kidney stones that pass through the ureters into the bladder may be painful, but are still small.  Larger stones have to be reduced via ultrasound vibrations, or by surgical removal.  If you have enough stones, they clog and "kill" the kidney and the kidney will have to be surgically removed.  That is bad to worse.  See a specialist and get checked out, drink more water, and don't worry about the blood pressure you are experiencing.