Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
low body temp and no libo

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

low body temp and no libo

today i was at doc office my temp was 96.1, i have lost my libido. i have thyroid panel done, seems to come back normal. i have so many symptoms of thyrod its not real. i have low body temp, no libido, no energy, thinning of my eyebrows, ringing in my ears, memory lost, anxiety and depression. doc doesn't take the time to listen, its like a human mill at the office. its not normal for the libido and temp, but they dont listen. any suggestions.

This discussion is related to low body temperature.
did they actually do a T3 & T4 and TPO antibody test or just TSH?  if you're not sure, ask for a copy of your test results...even after requesting my primary do these she didn't and I've been dx with hypo since 1998 but some dr's are like that.
A lot of your symptoms (libido, energy level, depression, temperature) point towards hypothyroidism. If I were you- get a repeat thyroid panel. Not so sure regarding the ringing in ears- that's not thyroid. could be that you have something else for that...but yeah- get a thyroid panel again
jj,  I agree your symptoms do sound like hypothyroidism.  Often the panel is confusing - one number in the high normal range,  one number in the low normal range,  the doc says well that all looks fine when you are completely out of "whack".  Often a doc will treat you as if you have hypothyroidism,  with the meds,  even though it doesn't show up on the panel that way,  and it works.

Is your doc willing to treat you with thyroid meds?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Most of your symptoms appear to be due to low testosterone. Some common low testosterone symptoms are decrease in sex drive, ejaculation problems, shrinking testicle, fatigue, loss of body hair, difficulty gaining or maintaining muscle, depression, and loss of strength. With therapy there will be improvement in all these parameters with time.
The cause of low testosterone has to be found out and treated. The various causes include side effects of drugs, testicular dysfunction, and raised adrenal hormone cortisol. Problems such as chronic illness (mumps in childhood which damaged testis), aging (not in your case), starvation, head injury, surgeries in testicular area, cancers, infections, and alcoholism are also among the causes of low testosterone levels. Chronic use of steroids can cause a decrease in testosterone level. Please consult an endocrine specialist and an urologist. You can also increase the testosterone level by taking more of meat, salmon fish, yellow, red and green fruits and vegetables.
Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!