low body temp with flu symptoms
I have had the same thing multiple times.  Flu like symptoms- sore throat, headache, body aches, ear pain, nasal swelling, sensitive skin, etc.  I have been diagnosed with coxsackie  (sp???) multiple times.  When I get this virus I always have chills and when I take my temp its always low- 95.5-97 without any temperature lowering meds.  I have started keeping track of the infection and have noted the series of symptoms from beginning to end.  It starts with exhaustion which lasts up to a week. Within that week I start feeling cold (chilled to the bone no matter what time of year)  and then the headache starts which lasts up to a week.  Then I get the sores in my throat, usually on the skin in front of my tonsils but I have had them on my tonsils and once so bad they all connected and became huge blisters covering all of my tonsils.  I cannot get any doctors to listen to me.  I don't think its normal to get this so often- so often that I know when I am getting it.  I have researched and found some articles on chronic coxsackie and it says it is very bad for the heart.  Does anyone know about this? I am home from work now with it.

This discussion is related to sickness and low body temperature.
Hi and sorry you have this problem. Coxsackie virus can cause hand foot and mouth disease in children and some adults. It has similar symptoms that you describe, fever, blisters in the back of the mouth, sore throat, rash on hands and feet (don't know if this is only in children or both adults too). Do you have a rash after a couple of days?  If you have this it is caused by Coxsackie type A not B and that is good. Type A doesn't hurt your heart only type B. Some laboratories will type your virus. Maybe that would be a good idea. But it would be better to prevent it. If you have hand foot and mouth disease it is preventing by washing hands frequently, no kissing, touching a door knob, swallowing pool water that doesn't have enough bleach, getting the saliva, sputum or nasal secretions or blister fluid inhaled or feces injested. Since this is an enterovirus you get it by eating contaminated food etc. sharing utinsils with someone who has it and vise versa, cups and glasses, hugging etc. So if you give it to someone they can give it back too. Or if you are going somewhere where it can be contaminated with fecal material (an unclean place like a bar or pool  that doesn't have enough cholrine) or someone you know is sick a lot with similar symptoms or children that have it. You will keep getting it back. So you need to keep washing your hands and using hot soapy water. Also, wipe down the door knobs and water handles and TV clickers etc. with disinfectant wipes. Anything you touch frequently wash your hands then turn the water off with a paper towel then disinfect the water handle etc. How often are you getting this?