low fever 96.9
My husband suddenly became violently ill, threw up and his temp  quickly dropped from his normal of 98.6 (he is spot on with the average normal temp) to 97.2 then 96.9 and was shivering violently. He popped a couple of Advil's, crawled in bed with all his clothes on and within 20 minutes he was back to normal again. However, that night he sweat profusely and awoke with wet clothing. Is this some type of flu bug? It all happened and was over with incredibly fast. I read on a closed thread someone with very similar symptoms that put her boyfriend in bed with a hot water bottle and was concerned because he was hot and sweating. Someone told her to get rid of the hot water bottle. This is bad advice, so I wanted to correct it. Keeping warm is essential with a low temperature, even if the patient is sweating. I was shocked when I read this horrible advice for someone with a below normal body temp.  The shaking and shivering and sweating is your body's way of trying to warm up and kill any infection.  Anyway, I had to post something about this since the advice I read could kill someone.

This discussion is related to Vomiting and Stomach Cramps, Fever to Low Temp!.
For some strange reason, what I used to always think of as the flu people now call a stomach virus.  And to have the flu, they seem to require fever and malaise as symptoms for the diagnosis.  A drop in temperature might have been a sign of shock.  You might want to ask the doctor if others have come in to their office lately suffering with the sort of symptoms your husband had.