low grade fever
I have been running a low grade fever for about four months now.  Being tired and washed out, pain in chest and abdoman once in a while. I have lost weight and poor appitite. I have had a love of food in the past but since this has been going on I have lost interest in food.

Wake in the morning with a fever around 99 degrees, in the afternoon it goes up, and then up more in the late eveining.  My normal temp  runs on the low side. The highest it has gotten is up to 102 degrees and this has been going on for four months. On an average since starting to run the fever it is any where from in the 99 range to the 100 range below a 101.

They have run all sorts of test for infectious deseases. A bone scan neuclor study, numerouse blood test and urine tests, had a couple of MRI's on chest and abdomin.

There are many causes of low grade fever. These include a range of diseases from infectious, to endocrinal to cardiac, to nervous system.

Unfortunately, the process of finding out the causative reason is test based and deductive  in nature, therefore, the patient has to go through a lot of testing before a reason can be found.

I can understand the troubles that you go through, however, since health comes first, you will have to keep patience and determination.

You can work with your doctor to help in understanding the tests and possible diagnosis. This may help you a bit.
Let me know if you may need any specific information.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.